Official Swiss hotel classification by hotelleriesuisse
hotelleriesuisse is responsible for the Swiss hotel classification, the control system par excellence for maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of the Swiss hotel industry in the global fight for market share.
hotelleriesuisse sees itself as a guarantor of the credibility, standards and meaningfulness of the hotel star system, and thus contributes to the continuous quality development of Swiss hospitality. Both guests and hoteliers benefit from the advantages of the hotel classification.
Advantages of hotel stars
- Transparency and security for the guest
- A marketing instrument for the hotelier
- Very high degree of recognition
- A standard which is well-known internationally
- High market penetration
- Continuous further development of classification standards
- Promotion and monitoring of quality management
- Access to the efficient marketing platforms of Switzerland Tourism
- Increase of profitability of competitive member businesses
hotelleriesuisse is the creator and owner of the Swiss hotel classification. The classification criteria is regularly revised every six years and adapted to international developments and future guest expectations. The 2011-2015 revision will be the first time that the harmonised criteria of the Hotelstars Union - Hotelstars in Europe will be applied.