EHL building its future: the world number 1 stest up a holding company to fulfill its ambitious goals
Lausanne, 15 January 2015 – Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) is implementing an ambitious development strategy under the leadership of ist Board of Governors. The EHL Foundation has set up a holding company to optimize its operations and hence meet the demands of the global hospitality markets. “EHL SA” is fully owned by the EHL Foundation and will manage EHL's entire portfolio of activities, organized into several specialized business units.
A company for each core business
The purpose of “EHL SA” is to run a group of separate business entities, each of which focuses on a specific business or activity. This new structure will enable EHL to create and develop a rationalized, coherent portfolio of specialized activities, both in Switzerland and abroad. The structure organizes its units into three main fields: hospitality management education, which remains the core mission of EHL, international activities and the Campus.
- EHL Haute Ecole: delivers university-level education or corresponding to the Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences & Arts (HES), leading to state-approved undergraduate (bachelor's) degrees, post-graduate (master's) degrees and PhDs, namely at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne.
- EHL Academia: delivers higher vocational studies that prepare students for entry into higher education courses in hospitality and service management amongst others.
- SSTH: specializes in advanced vocational education for the tourism and hotel industries.
- EHL Hospitality Services designs, produces and commercializes products and services relating to the hotel industry, such as F&B, the organization of banquets and events, as well as maintenance and reception services. These services are mainly aimed at students’ activities within their curriculum, living on campus.
- Lausanne Hospitality Consulting (LHC): through management consulting and education, LHC contributes to the international development of EHL and showcases its expertise and knowledge all over the world, especially in Asia where LHC recently opened an office in Beijing.
- EHL Real Estate encompasses activities relating to the acquisition, renovation and management of real estate and will, for example, be involved in the development of the new EHL campus.